30 January 2009

College Magazines (AO4)

I have been researching college magazines. I am going to create a front cover and a mock up of the layout of the contents page of a new college magazine for TRC.

I have noticed that the front covers of college magazines are relatively simple: they have simple mastheads, simple pictures and taglines. They are not so 'full-up' as most music magazines that I have studied.

College magazines are used to inform the students. They promote events and achievements within college. For example, it would be very likely to find a picture of some students on a college trip on the front cover to promote the trip, to show its success and to promote positive features of the college.

The contents of a college magazine could include:
  • Information and articles on extra-curricular activities such as sports groups, theatre groups and productions, charity events, musical events etc. which are all happening within the college
  • Information on term dates
  • EMA information etc.
  • Helpful information on study techniques etc.
  • Student council
  • What's going on in the community - (Jamie Oliver in Rotherham etc. etc.)

For the front cover of my college magazine I am going to have a medium close-up (MCU) shot of a student (or perhaps a couple of students) outside the front of college to promote the arrival of the German exchange students.

______
AO4 - Demonstrate the ability to undertake and apply appropriate research.

No comments:

Post a Comment